Last Updated: February 8, 2022
- 1. PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
- 2. DEFINITIONS
- 3. ACCEPTANCE
- 4. THE PERSONAL DATA LYOTECH LABS COLLECTS FROM CUSTOMERS
- 5. WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- 6. WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- 7. DATA TRANSFER
- 8. PROTECTION AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
- 9. DATA RETENTION
- 10. YOUR RIGHTS
- 11. MODIFICATION
- 12. CONTACT INFORMATION
- PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
We at LYOTECH LABS know and understand how important it is for you to understand how we collect, store, process, share and use your personal data. We respect and protect the privacy of our Customers’ Personal Data in our platform.
The purpose of this Policy describes how LYOTECH LABS collects, processes and manages Customers’ Personal data through the Website and/or App, that are developed to offer LYOTECH LABS services.
- “Personal data” means any information which relates to a living individual and can be used to identify that individual. It must also exist in a form which access to or processing of is practicable.
- “Customer(s)” means any person, visitor, or user who visits the LYOTECH LABS’ Website and/or App and any person who purchases our product and services from our online platform.
By accessing and using the Website, you are consenting and accepting the terms and conditions of this Policy. If you do not agree or consent with the details we require with any aspect of this Policy, you shall at any time withdraw your consent and discontinue the access or use of our Website.
- THE PERSONAL DATA LYOTECH LABS COLLECTS FROM CUSTOMERS
We collect and process your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services, to protect the security of our Customers, as well as to comply with laws and regulations. If you wish to use our Website and gain access to the services we provide, you have to register on our Website and provide us the following information:
Date of birth;
other information to help Us identify you.
Your Personal data is collected and stored in our Website in order to provide, develop and to enhance our products and services including technical infrastructure, security, compliance, fraud prevention and customer support.
- WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
LYOTECH LABS collects your Personal data in the following instances;
- When you access our Website
- When you access our Website via our mobile app
- When you purchase products and services from our online platform
- When you contact the Customer Support
- When you participate in our promotion activities
- When you engage us on social media platform
- When you return products or file a claim
- WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- To communicate with you regarding the products and services
- To make our products and services available to you
- For security and legal reasons in order to ensure your financial details are accurate
- To provide, troubleshoot and improve LYOTECH LABS services
- To enforce our terms in our customer agreement
- To provide Customer support and answer our questions
- To ensure quality control
- To ensure network and information security
- To enhance and personalize Customer experience
- To facilitate corporate acquisitions, mergers or transactions
- To engage in marketing activities
- For transaction services
- Purposes for which we seek Customer’s consent
- To measure or survey the customer satisfaction regarding our products and services.
- To provide services via social media
- For administrative and internal business purposes
- To provide Customer friendly Website
- To provide products from free from defects
- To send our new promotions, discounts and latest news updates
- To provide Marketing details via SMS & emails
- To personalize your online purchasing experience and to improve our operations.
- DATA TRANSFER
We may share your Personal data with selected third pirates, including business suppliers, distributors and subcontractors. We shall never sell or rent your personal data to a third party without the express consent of yours. However, in order to provide our services to you, we shall share your personal data with our trusted and contracted third party service providers or to our group of companies, affiliates or business partners and we ensure that they do not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes. Further, we comply with the applicable data protection legal norms and we shall only share information in the following circumstances:
- We shall share your personal data to continue work with trusted and contracted third parties to provide you products and services, since we may not have the capabilities to provide those services by ourselves, such as; for delivery, product assembly & payment processing
- In the event you purchase our products and make payments, we share your Personal data with the financial institution which we partner to process payments you have authorized and in order to ensure your payment is genuine and accurate. In such a process the third party providers ensure that your payment done via credit, debit card or other payment information is safe and it is not being used fraudulently.
- In the event any law enforcement agencies or public authorities request any Personal data we may provide them in order to prevent crime or to comply with law and regulations as applicable.
- We share your Personal data with service providers under contracts to operate the business. For instances;
- Cloud storage
- Payment process
- Transaction Monitoring
- Network Infrastructure
- Customer Support
- Data analytics
- We transfer only the minimum amount of data necessary for a particular outsourced service provider and we only cooperate with the outsourced service providers who can provide and ensure adequate level of personal data protection.
- We may share your Personal data with our group of companies, affiliates or business partners as a general part of conducting business to offer services. LYOTECH LABS ensures that the service providers and affiliates/ business partners who process personal information to acknowledge the confidentiality of this information and to protect your right to privacy by complying with all applicable privacy and data protection laws
- LYOTECH LABS products and services may include third-party advertising and links. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising and services. In addition, we may use personalized ads which are referred to as targeted or interest-based ads. You can also generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads form third-party advertisers and ad networks.
- PROTECTION AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
LYOTECH LABS maintains physical, technical, administrative and procedural safeguards in connection with the collections, storage and disclosure of Customer’s Personal data. We use firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures to maintain the security of Customer’s online sessions.
In the event of a Customer signing in his/her account on different devices, LYOTECH LABS shall notify a security alert to confirm and ensure the protection of the Customer’s account.
LYOTECH LABS Customers are requested to protect their account password from unauthorized access to avoid unnecessary authentication issues. In order to circumvent loss, misuse, unauthorized acquisition or alteration of your data, Customers are requested to choose the strongest password and to protect the account privacy data from any third-parties. In the event of unauthorized access, the LYOTECH LABS insists the Customers to notify the Customer support immediately.
Furthermore, LYOTECH LABS does not ensure the security or privacy of data transmitted via email, phone or SMS, till such data reaches the domain of our network, since we have no access to protect such data until it reaches our network domain.
- DATA RETENTION
We will process your Personal data as long as any of the above-mentioned data processing purposes or legal basis are still valid. For instance, if you withdraw your consent, we will cease the processing of your Personal data, which has been based on your prior consent.
- YOUR RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data as set out in more detail below;
- Request access
This enables you to receive copies of your Personal data. We hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. This is also commonly known as a “data subject access request”. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure
This enables you to request us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note that there may be circumstances where we may be legally entitled to retain your Personal data.
- Request to Restrict Processing
This enables you to object to the processing of your Personal data, which is processed based on our legitimate interests. In the event of such an objection, we will no longer process your personal data, unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Request to Object Processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request to transfer
If you request us, we will provide you or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
This Policy is reviewed regularly and updated according to the applicable laws and regulations.
We shall reserve the right to modify, amend or change this Policy from time to time and such update details shall be indicated at the top of this page. When an updated version of this Policy is released and the Customer continues to access our Website, it means that the Customer agrees and consents to the updated content of this Policy.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
In the event of any comments, questions, inquiries or complaints regarding this Policy or your rights, please contact us.